El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Calle 13

While standing, I put my hand on her hips. One hand on each hip. I pressed gently with the beat to show her when and how to move her body. A little to the left. A little to the right. A little to the left. A little to the right. Move a little around in the middle to the beat. Move like you’re making love, but a little harder.

Not that hard. You have to have to make it smooth. Use your hips. Bend your knees a little bit. Si. Bueno.

I went to see Calle 13 this week at the 9:30 club. Calle 13 translates directly into 13th Street, but they’re not named after DC’s 13th street. Turns out Puerto Rico also has one of those, but of course, it isn’t as cool.

Calle 13 is a reggaeton band from Puerto Rico. I can’t tell you how nice it was to have all of mi gente in one place enjoying some music. I brought a gringa. The most gringa of all gringas. She was nearing 6 feet and had reddish blonde hair.

“Why are all these girls giving me dirty looks?”

Que? Ah, really? It’s your imagination.

“No. That girl walked across the floor and stepped on my foot.”

Latina women. They are interesting creatures. During the concert, women by the stage were yelling such suggesting obscenities at the lead singer that it made him blush. They made a Puerto Rican man blush. Then, with mi gringa, well, sometimes they don’t take a gringita taking away one of their starters.

“While you were at the restroom, this guy totally came up to me and grabbed my ass.”

Alcohol, suggestive music and a gringa. They never would have done this if they had seen me around her, but in truth, I find it funny. It’s wrong, I know, but I laugh that mi gente waited until she was alone to do a little grabbing.

Did they say anything to you?

“Yeah, but I don’t remember. What does polla mean? Doesn’t that mean chicken or something?”

Si. Chicken. They were probably asking you to go eat.

“That’s so strange. To just come up to someone, grab their ass, then ask them out to eat.”

Yes, we are strange sometimes.

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

PS: Alternative Spanish Dictionary

8 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger turbo2oh said...

so was the show any good? I didn't even know they were gonna be there. and polla=pollo hahaha.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not understand this reaction--intellectually I see nothing wrong with interracial, intercultural dating/marriage. However...when I see a brown man with a white girl I can't help it, my first reaction is anger. I would never step on their toes, though.

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS I am Puerto Rican.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger *** said...

I love being a white girl with a brown man. No one has ever stepped on my toes. Sometimes we even have other brown people over for dinner and they're nice to me. Sometimes they even let me hold their babies.

I guess some brown people are more socially advanced and tolerant than others.

I've definitely had my ass grabbed at a baile before though. And my favorite "You have a boyfriend? that's okay, I'm not jealous."

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger savannah said...

people, people, people...ain't life grand, sugar?

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a good piece of polla. As long as it's seasoned correctly, with some adobo, and maybe with some arroz con gandules on the side. ;)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger C'est la vie!! said...

OMG u went to see CAlle 13!!!! I am so jealous...the lead singer is so damn HAWT!!!!

POLLA :-O
eeww cochinos!!

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

word polla it's remember me of something funny .
:D

Neuse River North Carolina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home