El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Friday, February 10, 2006

Echo de menos: What I miss...

Damn you St. Valentin. It seems that as this day for romance approaches, I am not in the best of moods.

The thing I realize the most about not having alguien special in my life is not what most would think about. When I long for my ex, it is not the passionate moments we spent in bed that pop into mi cabeza. When I am alone, I most think about the times I would fall asleep with my head on her lap. Interesante no?

She would gently run her fingers through my hair and scratch my scalp with her perfectly manicured fingernails. We would often do this while watching television, but my favorite times were when the TV was not on and she would softly sing songs to me. She didn’t have a very good singing voice, but that made it mejor. I knew that she felt uninhibited enough to sing to me in Spanish while she ran her fingers through my hair. Each time she hit a note that was off pitch, my entire body would smile. She was the only woman I have allowed to hold me.

No tengo a lap to lie in now and although I try to smile and forget, it is hard. She was the one who would make me feel safe. When I laid my head in her lap, nothing could go wrong except her getting up. I was happiest then. In her lap.

Even El Guapo longs for what he no longer has. Damn you Valentine’s Day.

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

Dos posts in a row that are depressing… Ave Maria… I’ll try to get into some trouble this weekend to stop the streak. Have faith. You have to understand that my Mercedes is dating a Brazilian and it bothers me more than I realized. Damn you Brazilians with your sexy accent and great hair! If I weren’t Guatemalan I’d seriously be worried about them taking over.

13 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Prom said...

If that post doesn't get you a date with a good woman, nothing will El Guapo.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger *** said...

pobrecito el guapito. brasilenos are highly overrated. i used to have a brasilian roommate. she got stabbed every time she went home. crazy brasilians.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Christopher Robin said...

It's funny what little things are the real moments of intimacy between two people.

Don't despair El Guapo, from what I hear Guatemalans are just magnets for the women. Just go find a dance floor and show them how to dance properly ;)

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger MappyB said...

You should treat yourself to something special this weekend and cheer up! And yes, Christopher Robin is right, go lay your moves down and see what you reel in!

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey El Guapo, check this shit out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4092345.stm

¡Feliz dia de Valentin!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

El G is quite the romantic.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Psst. I have a lap you can put your head in. But don't tell anyone.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

Velvet: Don't let us have a chick fight. El Guapo es mio. He is my hero, mi amor, el santo de mis devociones. It's a pity I'm 44 and pudgy. Pero hablo el idioma muy bien . . . y tengo un lap tambien.

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should order one of these, El Guapo.

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Girlfriend-lap-pillow,

Do you take VISA?

Sincerely,
El Guapo

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

You're a cutie. Valentine's Day is just another day. Don't get caught up in the hype!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger theinebriantgrape said...

why stop with one saint? damn them all!!!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Hugs, querido. It will get better.

~RC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home