Open letter to my new amiga, “D” from Norway.
Gracias for the picture you sent me this week. I very much appreciate the thought and am sure that the Norwegian founding fathers would be proud to see the Norwegian flag used in such a way. I’m glad that you took the picture indoors as I understand it to be cold in your country. Anyways, it is not necessary to send me such a picture in order for me to respond, but I do appreciate the gesture and have a newfound love for the country of Norway.
You were kind enough to list several questions for me and I will respond in the same order.
1. Thank you for the invitation, but at this time I am unable to go to Norway. Yes, from your letter I’m sure you could show a Latino how to stay warm.
2. No. Never. I’ve actually never met a Norwegian. I believe you.
3. No. I believe that to be illegal in DC.
6. That sounds interesante. I’m sure you can. But no.
7. Really? No, but I’m very impressed. Seriously, really? How is that possible?
8. Of course! I am Latino. That’s like asking Picasso if he can paint.
9. The best.
Thank you for your nine questions. In truth, I am actually a little bit scared right now. Numbers 3 and 7 made me question life as I know it, but who am I to judge what the Norwegians do in their spare time. Again, thank you very much for your picture.