El Maco: Gracias McDonald's
I literally just received an e-mail from a reader pointing me to the McDonald's Australia website claiming to have the "best commercial you will ever see." Lo mejor? Really?
"I don't want to give it away before you see it, but it involves a mustached, Mexican mariachi player climbing out of a white guy."
"Oh, I almost forgot the best part. Their tag-line is: Feed your inner Mexican."
Should I feed my inner Mexican? Am I ready for this?
This line made me stare at my screen for quite some time with a smile on my face. This could become my favorite commercial.
Their website isn't link friendly, so I'm going to give you the instructions given to me:
1. Go to http://www.mcdonalds.com.au/
2. Click on the Broadband button on the left side.
3. It will take a bit to load. Sometimes it's faster than other times....
4. Move your mouse over to the light bulb that says: What's New and click on it.
5. A picture of the EL MACO should appear. Click on the right hand corner where it says Latest TV ADS.
6. You will then be taken to another screen where several ad names are listed. Click on "El Maco."
7. Click on pllay.
They should maybe start to sell pupusas in Australia. The TV ad could show a crocodile wrestler with crocodile boots and clothing having an extremely good looking Guatemalan man step out of him. Tag Line: Feed your inner Guatemalan. Pupusa.
Dear McDonald's, please, please, please sell the El Maco in the United States. Sure, I know that many Hispanic rights groups will come at you faster than an Argentinean running from water, but I must taste this. Why must the Australians be the only ones who can feed their inner Mexican? I DEMAND that you allow me to feed my inner Mexican! El Maco... The best name for a sandwich, EVER.