El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Monday, February 26, 2007

Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby SLAM

“Baby, how is your food?”

At this table, no one seems to care about my food.

“Baby, wasn’t that a great movie?”

No one seems to care about my opinion in this matter.

“Babe, you look beautiful tonight. El Guapo, doesn’t she look beautiful tonight?”

Oh, look at this. I’m being involved in a conversation. This is nice. How do I answer this? Bueno, is there any other way that I can answer this question?

Very beautiful. You are a very lucky man.

“I know. I’m lucky to have the most beautiful woman in the world next to me.”

It has been a long time since I wanted to lose my hearing and my sight permanently. It’s incredible what being single and around the ‘perfect couple’ can do to you.

Mi amigo Roberto has a new woman and he is deeply in love with her. I do not think that he has uttered those words, but I can tell.

I can tell by the way his attention moves to her every movement; how he hangs on each word as if it were the gospel according to Mary; how his blinks seem to be a bit slower so that he can visually digest her a little longer.

We all remember being like this. Some will say that they detest being around couples in love. And while there were times that I secretly hoped I would slip and knock myself out on the marble floor, I was happy for mi amigo. Then, I realized, I was jealous.

I remember having this and loving every moment of it. Better to have loved? Now I understand.

Now I understand that stupid saying that had haunted me for so long. The saying that made me cringe upon hearing it.

Better to have love and lost… I agree. I continue to be a better man because of the love I had. The love that changed me. The love that will hopefully (please, God make it so) lead me to happiness.

“Baby, you want to share a dessert?”

I wanted a dessert. This restaurant has flan, but he doesn’t care about El Guapo right now. And frankly, that is ok. His baby is more importante. It is not always about El Guapo.

Even when flan is involved.

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

9 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you didn't have to share your flan with a date.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EG, just don't start eating a lot of flan to ease your pain, otherwise we will have to call you El Guapo Grande.

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more I read your blog, the more I think I may be in love with you El Guapo.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Namaste said...

You'll find her, El Guapo. I promise. :)

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous #2, I'm like super attracted to you right now...

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you, El Guapo!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Just think. If (heaven forbid) he breaks up with Baby, and you find El G-Baby, you two can go out with him, and re-enact the entire conversation. It might make him feel more sensitive later on ...

Just kidding. That'd be mean, no? :)

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger emeralda said...

you know what sucks more? when you are heart BROKEN. like really fucking heart broken to the extend that you literally DO bang your head at the wall and tear hair out of your head (as stupid and pathetic and exaggerated that might sound) and your supposedly best friend can't stop talking about how great, how fabulous, how fucking amazing making love to her new boyfriend is.

it's like, dude, i get it! your'e happy! that makes me happy! but - i really don't wanna hear about sex that is actually happening okay! we can talk about PAST sexual experiences and laugh or cry about it together. but not when it's happening right now, while im crying my eyes out.

BITCH

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

guapo, sos un puto de mierda


la concha de tu madre motherfucker
asshole
kunt-head

mucho amor. - FUCK YOU

 

Post a Comment

<< Home