El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Monday, March 12, 2007

Ladder

Ladder.

“What?”

Ladder. Say ladder.

“Ladder.”

The “d” sound you just made? In ladder?

“Yeah?”

That is the same sound as the “r” sound in Español.

“Really?”

She proceeds to say ladder over and over again. Then she started to say words like Ramón, burrito, rápido, rápidamente, and aburrido.

“Estoy muy aburrida, El Guapo.” (I’m very bored, El Guapo)

Oh, I’m sorry that I’m not amusing you. I’m turning you into a professional Spanish speaker. You really sold me when you said, “Ramon wanted a burrito rapidamente.” That was great.

“You think that was great?”

I was very impressed. Muy impresionante. I like how one of the first words you chose to say after learning how to say the ere was “burrito”. That was nice. It made me have a good feeling about you.

“Oh. I see. You’re making fun of me. Are you going to make a joke about how I’m racist because I said “burrito”? Are you going to shoot me another sly smile? Are you going to run your fingers through your hair again?”

Not now I’m not. I was going to run my fingers through my hair and shoot you a sly smile, but if it’s not going to have any effect on you, then I don’t want to waste my time.

“Oh, you’re not wasting your time honey. It totally works. It’s doing the trick. I just want you to know that I know what you’re doing.”

And to think I just thought you were another girl attracted to mustaches.

“Yeah… Who your age has mustaches?”

It is nice, no?

“Yeah. You actually pull it off. Estoy muy MUY aburrida. Vamos El Guapo. It’s my turn to teach you something.”

And so it was. El Guapo is back.

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

12 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, verrano...
PS: you betrayed papayas, bastard:)

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

details!!!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Casey said...

at least ramon didn't want taco bell. then, i think, we'd be in trouble

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burrito. You had me at 'burrito.'

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, this is one heck of a one-night stand....

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Bobbi Boe said...

that was the cutest post ever!
I have been reading you, and keeping quiet, mostly because I am awfully shy,,,but today I could not resist,,,must be my brazilian blood,,,
Go for it!

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

perfect match in sarcasm and wit =)

 
At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

El Guapo, why don't I ever see you in Columbia Heights? [I thought if I hung out there enough I would eventually see someone so strikingly guapo (and exceedingly cocky and with an uncanny adroitness at both Spanish and English) that I would immediately know it must be you]

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger El Guapo in DC said...

Look for the oh so guapo Guatemalan who never uses the word "adroitness." ;-)

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I definitely had to look that one up

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Crankster said...

I'm guessing you showed her the other skill that comes from rolling your rs.

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Pinellas Thrifter said...

You're right about the sounds being identical; it's called a flap.

And more trivia, the "R fuerte" exhibited in all the words your lady fair chose, is a result of centuries of contact between Euskadi and Spanish.

God I'm a nerd. I can only hope to have a mustache like yours El Guapo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home