El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

$2.43

(On Hold for 13 minutes)

Thank you for calling Comcast. How may I help you?

Yes. Hello. I have a question on my bill. I’m being charged an Admin Fee of $2.43 for Comcast High Speed Internet Service.

Let me take a look. Yes. Everyone is charged that fee.

But, I don’t have Comcast Internet Service.

Um… That’s because it’s for like the Public channels.

Public channels? Public channels are free. No? If I don’t have cable, I don’t have to pay anyone. Why do you want me to pay this now?

Um… It’s because now you have cable.

May I please speak with someone else?

(On hold for 11 minutes more)

How can I help you sir? That Administrative fee is a misprint under your bill. It happened on all the bills. It shouldn’t be under Internet.

I don’t get it. Administration fee for what? Are you typing letters for me?

Anytime you call in to add or change service there is a fee involved. You called in for the Sports package and you’re being charged a fee.

Oh. Si. I remember. You mean when I was calling about your being 7 hours late for an installation? Si. I remember. When I decided that it would be a good idea to add the sports package? You are charging me a fee for this?

Yes.

You’re charging me for calling in to complain about your being seven hours late and then telling you that I even want to give you more money? I called to say, “I want to give you more money,” and then you say, “Thank you, but for wanting to give Comcast more money, I’m going to charge you $2.43 for that honor.” Is this right? Can you hold for a second?

I put my phone down and went outside to get some fresh air. I thought about being an hombre about standing for his principles, but then I realized that it’s fucking $2.43. My life was pretty great if that was my biggest problem today.

I came back inside and did what any of you would do.

I left that cabron on hold while I enjoyed what $2.43 gets me.

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

3 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger monica said...

> I enjoyed what $2.43 gets me

a couple of ice cream sammiches? ... or maybe some flan?

now i want an ice cream sammich. >sigh<

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it ain't the sports package. I had the same "administrative" fee and I never called about any package or anything else. They ended up telling me it's for being late on the previous bill. So, they just find any plausible reason and lie to you.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how those "Fees" always appear. I go to a lot of concerts, and my personal favorite is the completely surprise "convenience fee". There's never a reason for it, either. Stupid bastards.

-genius

 

Post a Comment

<< Home