El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Awkward Moment

So my neighbor discovered that I had been "borrowing" his wireless Internet access for the last several years and he went ahead and password protected his Internet. I know, I'm a little annoyed about this as well. Everyone else in my neighborhood is not as giving with their Internet and they all password protect it.

It's not as easy as "borrowing" cable. I'm currently in an Internet Cafe on 14th street that I believe is a front for something that is going on upstairs. There is only one computer here and it was built in the 1980's. I'm using a dial up modem... The paint on the walls is peeling and there is some commotion going on upstairs. Men in flannel shirts come in with their shirts tucked in, but leave disheveled. I believe I'm in a Brothel Internet Cafe... What a concept.

I should be back up next Monday unless the phone company keeps me waiting which they probably will.

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

In the meantime: Tequila

7 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

I am so sorry you are being thwarted by The Man at every turn, but I am confident you and your hot, Guatemalan moustache will prevail.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

How did he figure it out? And really, why does he care so much? You could always offer to pay him half the cost each month in exchange for use of his password.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Bitty said...

Ahh, the brothels of the future. Check your email while you wait. How convenient!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

Guapo, Columbia Heights Coffee on 11th has free wifi. You can also stopy by next door at Acuario restaurant and get some pupusas on the way home.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried using "default" or "admin" as the passwords for some of these networks? you'd be amazed at how many peope DON'T change the default password that comes with the modem!

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger C'est la vie!! said...

that's my constant fear each time i turn on my laptop...is today the day my neighbor cought me and got a password......

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out this site for free wifi spots in dc:
http://www.wififreespot.com/dc.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home