El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lo siento: An apology to Senator McCain

“El Guapo, I like you man. You make me laugh with your stupid stories. Stick with what you know tho. Talk about flan, dancing, hookers and smoking weed. Leave the politics to those who know better. U made yourself look like an ass with your McCain post.”

“John McCain was an American POW and an American hero. He can call anyone he wants a varmint. Argentine wannabe.”

“EG why don’t you just come out and say that you’re a gay liberal Dem. Stop making fun of all the Republicans. You suck.”

And so went a couple of e-mails that I received about my last post. I didn’t realize how many McCain supporters and Republicans graced my little corner of the Internet. I’m honored that you read me and I am truly sorry that I made Senator McCain look like a racist.

I totally didn’t read the entire article. I totally didn’t get the mocking reference. I totally made an Argentine of myself. Lo siento. I’ll try to stay away from politics.

I also would like to apologize to John McCain. I’m sorry. To make it up to you, Senator McCain, I’m going to write about you in this post. In a positive light. Luckily, I’m the greatest Guatemalan blogger based in Washington DC and will make things right. Here are the top five things that you didn’t know about John McCain:

1. Much like the Republican mascot, John McCain is hung like an elephant. It’s true. I had an amigo who saw it in the Senate gym. He had to swing it over his shoulder so that he wouldn’t get rug burn.
2. England didn’t go to war with Argentina over the Falkland Islands. They just sent John McCain, who single-handedly kicked their lamb loving culos.
3. John McCain didn’t need to wear bullet proof vests when he was in the Vietnam War. His chest hair repels bullets.
4. John McCain is perfect. He shits flan.
5. Ronald Reagan always remembered who John McCain was.

Again, I’m sorry for calling John McCain a racist. I’m even going as far as giving him an honorary Latino card through the month of July.

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

22 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are pure class, El Guapo.
Pure Class.

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah, you're excellent.

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An honorary Latino card??? Is it of the Argentinian variety?

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Avra said...

Brilliant,excellent post.I bet your mailbox will be flooded even more after this.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Kim Ayres said...

It's true, El Guapo, it's true!

I typed "greatest Guatemalan blogger based in Washington DC" into Google - that's GOOGLE, man, like the biggest, most powerful search engine IN THE WORLD - and do you know who came up in the NUMBER ONE spot?

You, El Guapo, it was YOU!

If he has any sense about him at all, Senator McCain should sign you up to his team immediately.

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Simply awesome.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This: "John McCain is perfect. He shits flan."

made me laugh until I was holding my belly and crying under my desk.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I agree that you needed the whole story, I'm a little disappointed that you bounced back so far.

Still love the blog.

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic!
Love,
A Lurker Speaking Out

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

::giggle:: That's got to be the best
"apology" to that kind of "criticism" I've ever seen. Well done, well done. :D

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes...pure class...beautiful man *kiss* from an anonymous woman (me).

I am a Republican... I love your blog and your mind. And McCain has no class but he is an *ss.

wow I made a rhyme.

L.

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur a cool dude. thanks!

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the blog, but i'm also disappointed that you switched it up so quick. war hero, i don't know but i believe it if you say so, still deserves criticism for his comments and i don't think you need to apologize.

again...LOVE THE BLOG!!! HILARIOUS STUFF!!!

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

El Guapo, you have a lot of class for owning up to making a mistake. So many people don't do that today. I've been readiny uor blog for quite sometime and I really enjoy your writing.

As far as McCain, he might be a war hero, but my admiration for him stops there. Also, while I understand the context of his quote, he should not have said what he said. Immigration, specifically illegal immigration, is a serious issue in this country and to mock someone (Romney) for simply wanting to enforce our country's existing laws is a disgrace.

I am not against people from any particular country or group, but we can't have people from basically what are third world countries flooding in here at will unchecked like they are going now.

I'm sorry if that view offends anyone, but if we do not control illegal immigration, then this country is going to become like the third-world countries that people are trying to leave behind. It is all about quality of life for those of us that are already here and not to mention national security. Right now most people are coming here illegally to try to make a better life for themselves, but in the process its creating havoc. 12+ million that we KNOW about, and probably half as many more that we don't is ridiculous. Some countries (I think Morrocco) has guards on the border between their country and Africa that will shoot to kill anyonme trying to cross into their country illegally. Why are other countries allowed to protect their borders and their country's quality of life and yet The U.S. gets flak because they merely want to build a wall?

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger GreenCanary said...

I want to be an honorary Latino.

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure Mccain is known for calling vietnamese people "gooks." He is an ignorant repub, like most of them.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger valiantqueen said...

Is that wall anonymous speaks of to keep up Canadians out????

Canadian Queen

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger valiantqueen said...

oops! I mean US Canadians...lol

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Lee said...

Go Mighty El Guapo, go!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Lillian said...

Absolutely. Effing. Brilliant.

Well done, EG! I always love reading your blog, but man, this post takes the cake. Or the flan, if you will. :) Great job!

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haham funny apology.

Anon is right though. I'm mexican and I agree that the U.S. has a right to defend it's border and to have a say on who goes in and who doesn't...but really, the problem didn't just pop up a few months ago, it's been going on for more than 70 years! So it's kinda late to get all paranoid and build a WALL. A wall, I ask you. A wall won't keep people out. It's just a very stupid, useless move and that will affect animals which migrate.

If the U.S. really wanted to keep illegal inmigrants out, it would have done something about it decades ago!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Mac G said...

http://therealmccain.com/

El Guapo, Do you think McCain would shop at your local DC Latino Market? Baghdad markets do not phase him.

I want to add to the list.

McCain would roll Rampage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X78Iz0702jA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home