El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Miguel, Yogurt y No Spoons

Miguel came over today as he does most days to eat my food. I have a better selection of food he says. Why doesn’t he buy the same things that I buy? He says that he forgets. He never washes the dishes after he leaves. He comes over, eats, talks and leaves. A real amigo that one.

Today, he was eating my yogurt. He likes yogurt. Banana.

“I like this banana yogurt, El Guapo. It’s the one name of a fruit that is the same. No one can make fun of me for the way I say it.”

I was actually out of spoons today. They were dirty, in the sink. Miguel, bless his heart, ate my yogurt with a knife.

You’re that lazy that you can’t wash out a spoon? You have to eat it with a knife?

“El Guapo, that’s the difference between you and me. You, bueno, you wash out the spoon. Not me. I eat yogurt with a knife. Just an ejemplo of how I live life on the edge.”

Do you eat soup with a machete?

“You have soup?”

This week, when he wasn’t pilfering my food, he bought a new wallet. Miguel is able to buy nice things for himself because he saves money on food.

Why am I telling you this today? Bueno, today I did something that I haven’t done in a very long time. Let me just say that many years ago I was a different person. Guapo as always, but different with mi vida. I have chosen a different path since then, but the skills acquired from that period in mi vida remain. Now, only used as party tricks and as practical jokes. So, anyway, before Miguel left, I borrowed his wallet.

In part, this is your fault, because I now feel the need to share what I find amusing with you:



Is this not the ugliest wallet you have ever seen in your entire life? I feel this wallet gives you a very good idea of Miguel. Only a “Miguel” could have such a wallet. It is so unnecessarily big that it doesn’t fit in any of his pant pockets. He claims it is made of crocodile, but I believe it to be made from some sort of rat. It is so obscene that people laugh when he pulls it out.

Me? No, I don’t laugh. Because only a man who eats yogurt with a knife can have such a wallet. Solamente un Miguel...

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

15 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes the wallet is hideous. Wow!

So these people you talk about actually exist? That's interesting.

For some reason the blog always seems to read like a tv episode or scenes from a movie. :)

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

Hilarious, as always. Glad to see you are now using your powers for good, and not for evil . . . although posting the photo of the wallet on your blog may be considered evil. It is priceless!

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one ugly wallet. It looks like snake skin, only the skin of a very ugly snake.

I love your blog by the way, usually makes me laugh very hard!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Kim Ayres said...

I guess Miguel will realise where his wallet went to when he next reads your blog

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger J-G said...

Miguel "does" blogs? ¿en inglés, even? Nah, it appears El Guapo will not loan Miguel his computer. He'll use it to prepare a torta maybe. Or to warm up food on the warm-to-the-touch, old-school CRT monitor. But not to blog.

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're funny!

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Jagd Kunst said...

Does he keep that in his fanny-pack?

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger C'est la vie!! said...

:) nice guitar :)

quien te tejo la tela debajo de la cartera??

and about the wallet...his a straight Latino man...y'all are not suppose to have good taste on this things :P

so from now on...I will say "you are a pulling a Miguel" whenever my sis comes over and eats from my fridge, BTW she also refuses to wash her dishes :P

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

miguel is imaginary, and you actually own THE wallet? just a thought :)

seriously, don't return the wallet, tell him you lost it...

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to use "bless his heart"!!!
you'll be a regular texan soon.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger La Cubana Gringa said...

In the words of my dear Abuelito...

"Coño!! Que mierda!"

Pobresito crocodile...

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Namaste said...

is it pink? it looks pink!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Face said...

You've got to stop giving him so many chips

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I myself have not yet mastered the art of washing the dishes after I have departed, either. Nor any other kitchen utensil.

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the wallet! Mige, mi amor...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home