El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Monday, November 13, 2006

New Experiences

What do you mean you got a massage?

“I was stressed out.”

What kind of stress do you have in your life? Run out of chips?

“El Guapo, I was stressed out and went to get a massage. Have you ever gotten a massage?”

I looked at mi amigo and realized, sadly, that I had never gotten a massage. Not from an actual masseuse that is. I have just as much stress in my life as the next amazingly great looking Guatemalan with a mustache that would make Stalin stomp his feet in jealousy, but I have never gotten a massage.

“El Guapo, I had no idea that getting a massage was such an experience. I feel as if my whole life was a lie. Now I know why the gringos always talk and talk about getting a massage. This is why they smile all the time El Guapo. They all get massages.”

Si, I guess that makes sense. Tell me about it.

“Don’t blog about it.”

Don’t worry.

“I always see these ads in the Sports section of the newspaper. Oriental this, Asian that, Mystique this. Sabes? It seems that the Asians are the ones who give the massage to the gringos. So I pick one and go to it. It was a strange place, El Guapo. I didn’t even know that this building had people in it, but I thought that maybe it was one of those gringo inventions, like when old is good and beaten up is cool? So, I kept on going. I knocked on the door and this old Asian woman opens and looks me up and down. I got muy nervioso and she asked me if I had been there before. I said yes, because I didn’t want her to think that I was some Argentinean. Sabes?”

No.

“Well, the woman who gave me a massage was wearing a really tight, black mini-skirt and really high heels. Her name was Ooni or something like that. I was expecting some kind of a nurse to do this, but the Asians like to wear a lot of makeup and get on top of you when giving a massage.”

They get on top of you?

“Si, they put their legs around you when they rub your shoulders. Bueno, it’s nice, but I couldn’t concentrate. Her heels were scratching my calves.”

Her heels? Interesante. Did you get a massage?

“Si. Bueno, kind of. She kept on coughing and giving me a strange look every time I would get relaxed. Whenever I relaxed and closed my eyes she would cough and wink or nod her head. After a while she stopped doing this and just gave me a massage. Then she asked me if I wanted to make the banana cry.”

Make the banana cry?

“Si. Make the banana cry. You know I don’t like dessert El Guapo, but why would they serve dessert in when I’m getting a massage?”

Si, that is strange. So, did you get the dessert?

“El Guapo, I did. And the banana cried. It cried a lot.”

...

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

16 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Blogger Christopher Robin said...

Does Miguel ever pause to think about what is going on? Acutally I hope he never does, it's more fun for the rest of us this way.

Thanks for sharing.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger RI said...

LOL!

make the banana cry!

 
At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Miguel! It's good to know that innicence still exists. At least his story had a "happy ending"

:) Liz

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I said yes, because I didn’t want her to think that I was some Argentinean." <-- LMAO

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Banana cry!! I haven't heard it called a banana in a long time! I just found your blog, El Guapo and I love your sense of humour!! Keep it up-you are making this mujer Nigeria very happy!

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was 16, I travel to Korea with ma best friend who was visiting family there. His uncle had ask us if we wanted to check out the local bathhouse where we would get steamed and creamed. I had thought he was trying to say cleaned. That bath house was an experience.

Ian

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I love Miguel. He's awesome. It's too bad he doesn't live in Seattle.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahaha oh my gosh.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart Miguel. And El Guapo - ewwww for blogging this.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger MsAmpuTeeHee said...

hahahaha. Thanks so very much. I needed the laugh today. Truly.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Kim Ayres said...

A work of art, El G.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger C'est la vie!! said...

LMAO!!! *laughing* *teary eyed*

Aaahh Miguel...bless his heart!!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Namaste said...

hee hee. I felt dirty reading that...

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

I made a man cry once. When I stuck my fingernail into his banana.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

If Miguel is going to go all National Geographic on us, I want pictures from his documentary coverage. Ya never know about bananas. Sometimes a tarantula can come crawling out of the whole bunch.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Avloomat said...

i've known about these massages for ages but i have never, definitely ever heard of...

banana cry...

thats a new one

LOL!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home