El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Monday, January 08, 2007

Chicago and Chipmunks

“So, you’re going to sit there like that the whole night?”

Si.

“You don’t want to go out?”

No.

“I have to sit here and look at your sorry face the whole night?”

No. You can leave.

“No, I can’t leave. I want to see you cry.”

I’m not going to cry.

“If I stay here long enough, you’ll cry.”

Why do you want to see me cry?

“Two reasons, really. Uno, you make a really funny sound when you cry. Kind of like a chipmunk dying. Dos, it will be good for you.”

How do you know what a chipmunk sounds like when it dies? I don’t feel like crying.

“Sure you do. Just let it out. Here, listen to this.”

You’re playing a Chicago CD. Why?

“Just close your eyes and listen to the words. He’s talking about love. See that? You don’t have that anymore. Feel like crying?”

Tell me again why I hang out with you? Turn that off Miguel. That’s seriously really bad music.

“Just cry El. Just cry. Trust me hombre. It will make you feel better.”

Eres un grande idiota.

He is right though. It does make you feel better. And for the record, I don’t sound like a chipmunk dying. Not really.

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

11 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger E. Morena said...

I would think that listening to Chicago WOULD make you cry, just from the sheer torture of listening to them.
I'm sorry you're going through this. Is the situation completely unfixable? True love is rare.
Please tell Miguel I want to have his children. ;)

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Crankster said...

Guapo, I know this is hard to hear right now, but...you're really lucky to have Miguel. Even if he is a big idiot for putting on Chicago.

I wish you the best.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Namaste said...

I swear to the goddess, the earth is off it's axis today. Can I tell you a little secret? I may or may not have cried to Chicago today, too. And it may or may not have been over a break up as well.

Hang in there, El. The mustache will bring you nothing but luck.

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

usually silent reader breaking silence to say, hang in there.

you of course know that this too shall pass, but that doesn't make it any easier.

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

El Guapo I know that you have other things on your mind right now, but maybe this will cheer you up. I was in Moe's Southwestern Grill last night and I saw El guapo's Salsa. Is that a reference to you? Also I really like your blog. I hope you feel better.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

El Guapo,

I want you to know that I am a regular reader of your blog, and that you're the inspiration for mine. I was very sad to read about your troubles with tu linda. I guess you could say that I just died in your blog tonight.

Bob

PS Sorry, couldn't resist.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just watch "Why Must I Cry?" video over and over.

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

el guapo... we will have to go get dinner or drinks very soon... need to get you out of the apartment and away from the Chicago CD!!

Serial monogamists unite.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger C'est la vie!! said...

Yeah, crying once in a while is good for the soul...hang in there EL Guapo...things will get better sooo soon *hugs*

 
At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

El Guapo, lo siento. Take care buddy, you'll be better soon.
Steve

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Eryn said...

So there's these 2 muffins in an oven.

They're both sitting, just chilling and getting baked.

And one of them yells "God Damn, it's hot in here!"

And the other muffin replies "Holy Crap, a talking muffin!"

Take care and remember that laughing is just as theraputic as crying. We <3 you, El!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home