El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Monday, December 18, 2006

Open Letter to Sons of Bitches

We have all been there. All of us. Si, even you in the back with the ginger hair and dark glasses. We have all had that one person at work, that one boss, that one co-worker, that one teacher, that one teammate. We have all had that one person in our lives that made us clench our teeth and question humanity. I would like to take this opportunity to say a few words to this person, these people, who can very easily be clumped into one nice piece of shit.

Open letter to sons of bitches of the world:

Hello. It is amazing to me that you exist in all parts of the world, in all industries, and in all ages. Please explain to me how you can go through life smirking while you push people down? Please explain to me why it is that you go out of your way to ensure that those around you become so miserable that they find themselves wishing you ill?

I have seen many of you sons of bitches in mi vida. The kid who was held back two grades and would always throw the dodge ball at your face. The coach who would demean you in front of your friends. The teacher who would make you feel stupid. The co-worker who would point out your mistakes to the boss. The boss who would condone such behavior. The boss, who, no matter how hard you worked, how hard you toiled, how much you sweat, would always give the raise to the co-worker who was the rat. You sons of bitches do not go away and it makes me question life.

Did your mother not hug you? No, I can not blame this on a mother. I blame this on your just having lost your soul. Your having forgotten what it is like to make someone laugh and smile. If people hate your type so much, why do you still exist? I will tell you why. It is because we as human beings have, a long time ago, decided to cower instead of stand up. Somewhere along the line we have decided that standing up was too much of a risk.

Well, I will take the lead because I do not wish to live in a world where the eager and hardworking are pushed down and back because of the sadistic whims self-serving ego-maniacs. I will no longer cower.

I will no longer watch as you create a hell for me and my fellow man. Your time has come. There are too many of us, too many good people to allow any more of your kind to keep us down from achieving happiness.

There are those of you out there who will also stand up with me. I believe that if enough of us stand up and speak up, these people will disappear. They will become relics of humanity. I’m a realist. I’m not looking for a utopia. I’m just looking for a world free of sons of bitches. Is this too much to ask?

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

14 Comments:

At 2:10 AM, Blogger Fascinacion said...

I used to work in this Law office w/ this Peruana and Ecuatoriana paralegals who thought they were the queens.... they would yell at everyone, nothing was ever right... finally I got laid off as everyone else in that 11 people office (except for those 2 #@$#%) did.
Anyway, now I wonder: Why did I stay there for 9 #!%%^ months?
PS: Tell the Man that your people will show HIM how it is done

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee El Guapo, thanks for reminding me of all the sons of bitches that surround me. Now I am depressed! haha

As I get older it is easier to stand up to these people. But they still don't go away....

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, my friend! (Or would that be mi amigo?)
:) Liz

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just left an anonymous note on someone's desk saying: NOT GUAPO

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Kim Ayres said...

This is why I am self employed.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Namaste said...

WEll, said. I love it when you rant.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Moxie said...

Two weeks ago I got fired by one of those SOBs. You are exactly right: no one has stood up to them and checked their behavior.

I'm with Kim - I am moving into self-employment. Now I can be both the diligent worker AND the man keeping me down! Wait...how would that work, exactly?

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said...

One word. Karma.

And if we didn't have sons (and daughters) of bitches, how would we be able to recognize the truly selfless of the world?

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Crankster said...

Thank you. You expressed that perfectly.

One of the best things about growing older is getting the confidence to say these things.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Holy shit, El Guapo---I've got a fucker just like this who has been making my work life miserable for months. The only answer is to take a fucking gun to his head. Well, that, or to get a PI to bug his phone. Nothing wrong with a little blackmail...

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Andraste said...

I once quit a job without having one to go to, all because I worked for an S.O.B.

He looked like David Hasselhoff, which is crime enough, but let me tell you...

Well, you are wise enough to know, Guapo, that these people operate out of a sense of insecurity and do not have wisdom enough to understand their own behavior and need to push others down.

Still, fuck 'em.

Happy holidays!

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted recently about a bully who drove a sweet young kid to suicide. I'm with you on the sons of bitches, El Guapo.
Merry Christmas my friend.

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I experienced the same thing at my job, and it caused me to transfer departments,since i also got the boss who condoned the behavior. Nothings changed though...that post hit home for me...

Vana

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger valiantqueen said...

After sponging off me for years, my ex-husband admitted to his lack of a soul, and went off to sea to find it. Honestly. To sea. From a landlocked province in Canada. Adios O Soulless One! Standing up to SOB's feels GREAT! I'm all for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home